In this article, we will guide you through how to unsubscribe a contact from a list in Apifon platform. You can do this either by selecting the subscriber from a list or by updating it.
To begin, from the Dashboard menu go to “Subscribers” and then choose the submenu “Lists”.
Here you will find the subscriber lists that you have created in the past and can easily check for information like
- the name of the list.
- the date the list was last updated.
- the number of subscribers in each list.
- To delete a list you no longer need click on the bin icon.
Unsubscribe Contacts through the "Lists"
To unsubscribe a contact, click on the list that you want to work with and then you can either:
- Click on the contact you want to unsubscribe.
- Deactivate “Subscribed” field.
- Click “Save”.
- Check the “tick” mark next to the “Destination” field of the contact or contacts that you want to unsubscribe.
- Select “Actions”.
- Click “Unsubscribe”.
Unsubscribe Contacts by updating a List
To upload a list with the contacts you want to unsubscribe, follow these steps:
Upload a file
- Select the list that you want to work with.
- Choose “Import”.
- The supported file extensions are .xlsx, .xls, .csv (comma delimited or semi-colon).You can also download samples of these files and enter subscriber’s information directly into them.
- Locate the file to be uploaded and click “Next”.
Here you can find a preview of the uploaded data and match the columns of your file with the columns of the list.
- If the file you uploaded has labels on the first row, keep the first option active.
- If you keep the “Set International Format” option active, you automatically add the prefix for the numbers on your list. Keep in mind that you should always set the number prefix in advance.
- Click “Next”
- Categorize the imported subscribers as unsubscribed.
- Click “Import”.
When the import is complete you will be able to see how many contacts have been unsubscribed from the results field.
You can close the results page, your contacts have been unsubscribed. Thank you for reading!