In this article, we will guide you through how to create an SMS Campaign in Apifon platform.
To begin, from the Dashboard menu go to “Campaigns” and then choose the submenu Messaging.
Here you can find the campaigns that have been created in the past and quickly check information like
- the submission date of a campaign
- the campaign’s name
- the communication channel (ie. SMS, Viber, Email, Landing SMS) that has been used
- the number of recipients
- the number of messages that have already been sent compared to the total number of messages in the campaign
- the progress and the current status of a campaign.
Create SMS campaign
To create an SMS campaign, follow these steps:
Click “Add” button.
Select SMS Messaging.
- Towards the bottom of the page enter the name of your campaign.
- Click “Create”.
To set up your campaign, follow these steps:
Select the list for the campaign and click “Next”.
You can select the entire list or a segment of it.
To write your message, select the Sender ID (up to 11 alphanumeric characters). Write the body of your message and keep in mind that there is a character limit of 160.
If you have already created a template, you can choose it from Templates.
If you wish to personalize your campaigns, click Fields to add a specific Subscriber Field.
To schedule your campaign, follow these steps:
If you wish to send your campaign instantly, ignore and click “Next”.
- Select a date for your campaign.
- Click and drag the "SMS sent" icon to your preferred time. You can also set your campaign’s expiration time in the same way.
- Click “Next”.
Check the overview of your campaign including the campaign’s name, sending date & time, number of subscribers, number of estimated messages, and selected list.
Test to your handset
Before sending your campaign, send a test message to your own mobile number or a group of numbers by following these 3 steps:
- Select “Test to your handset”.
- Enter the mobile numbers for the test.
- Press “Send”.
By pressing the “Start” button, your campaign will be sent. The mobile phone screen shows you a preview of your message as it will appear on the recipient’s device.
Now you know how to create and send SMS campaigns in Apifon platform. Thank you for reading!