In this article we will guide you through how to create a date type special field in a list in Apifon platform.
To begin, from the Dashboard menu go to “Subscribers” and then choose the submenu “Lists”.
Create Special field: Date
Select the list in which you would like to create a Date special field and from “Subscribers” at the top menu click “Settings”.
To create a Date special field, follow these steps:
- Select Subscriber Fields.
- Select “Add new field”.
- Type a Name for the special field.
- From the “Field Type” drop down menu select “Date”.
- From the “Format Date” drop down menu select “dd/mm/yyyy”.
- Type 10 as the desired maximum character length.
- Select “Create”.
Keep in mind that the selected format must match the one in the excel file of the list that you wish to import or the other way around.
You can change the date format in the excel file by following these steps:
- Select the date column.
- Right-click on the column and then select “Format Cells”.
- From the categories select “Date”.
- Select Type “dd/m/yyyy”, sometimes it’s displayed as “14/03/2012”.
- Select Locale (location) “English (United Kingdom)”.
- Save your file as type “.xlsx”, sometimes it’s displayed as “Excel Workbook”.
Please don’t forget to match the “Date” column of your file with the column of the list during the import process.
Now you know how to create a Date special field. Thank you for reading!