In this article we will guide you through how to edit API parameters through the Apifon platform.
To get started, from the Control Panel select "Profile", then "Account".
Alternatively on the top menu, select your Profile icon and then "Account & Billing".
Go to Settings and select the Api Tokens.
Here you can find all Tokens that have been created and see information like:
- Creation date
- API Token/Client ID
- Api Key
You can copy the API Key and Token by selecting the copy button on the right.
To change an existing API Key:
Select the API Tokens.
- Here you can see more informations about the Token
- Navigate to the Additional Options section
- Press "Generate New"
- Click “Save”.
Please note that if you proceed with the generation of a new key, it will take some time for the changes to apply.
Create a new API Token
To Create a new Api Token click “Add” button.
There are two kinds of Api Token:
1. HMAC token
HMAC is a specific type of message authentication involving a cryptographic hash function and a secret cryptographic key. It may be used to simultaneously verify both the data integrity and the authenticity of a message.
2. OAuth token
OAuth is a widely used security standard which enables secure access to protected resources.
Each token's creation includes the scopes letting anyone can have access with this token.
- Lists: Write and Read permission - Read permission gives access in list's information and Write permission access to edit them.
- If a token has Write permission, it has also read permission at the same time.
- Subscribers: It is similar to lists scopes, it gives access to subscribers information
- SMS: Access to send SMS
- SMS Defaults: The sender ID you are going to use to send SMS
- Viber: Access to send Viber
- Viber Defaults: The sender ID you are going to use to send Viber messages.
Keep in mind that the IM Sender ID will be the one you have activated with Viber.